SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The role of this position is to ensure the effective operation of the Chamber by assisting the President and staff. This position is key in ensuring that executive functions are carried out in a timely, professional manner with attention to details. This position works to ensure that members and the public are assisted in a professional, friendly manner and that their requests are met to the best of our ability. This position ensures that all business, Chamber, and tourism information is available and well stocked, and that requested information is sent out in a timely manner. This position has direct contact with members and the public by telephone calls and walk-ins. This position will be responsible for maintaining office equipment to ensure the office runs smoothly.
The Administrative Assistant shall report and be responsible to the President.
- Answer incoming calls and direct to appropriate staff. Assist with walk-ins to the office and help promote the Hudson area.
- Assist with all Tourism and Business requests and mail out appropriate information as requested on the day of request.
- Assist with keeping Tourism and Relocation information well-stocked and contact members as needed to replenish supply.
- Responsible for Chamber membership database and revisions to information contained therein. Input information into computer database to keep mailing lists current and accurate.
- Assist with the Ambassador Committee including coordinating meetings and monthly visits to new members including ribbon-cutting ceremonies.
- Assist with the Chamber website by updating current community events section, area resources, member business contact information and other web pages as needed.
- Assist with membership billings.
- Assist with all aspects of correspondence including letters, reports, meeting notices, minutes, filing, and phone calls, meeting arrangements, mail, new member packets and other projects as directed.
- Assists with Chamber Gift Certificates.
- Responsible for overseeing office equipment and supplies.
- Assist with registration at member events and ensure that all necessary handouts are at event.
- Prepare mail for pick up each day and record postage charges appropriately.
- Assist with recruitment of new members and sponsors for events.
- Assist Chamber staff and volunteers as requested.
- Complete all tasks as designated by the President.
Employee may occasionally be exposed to confidential information while participating in project work. Confidentiality is to be respected.
Position requires daily contact, both in person and by telephone with Chamber members, visitors, and the public.
- This position requires good communication skills, good written skills, and attention to detail.
- This person will bring to the job enthusiasm and desire to help reach the organizations goals by participating with staff as a team member
- Computer experience including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, Publisher, Microsoft Excel, InDesign, and a Membership Data Base System is desired.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- This position requires a strong understanding of what a Chamber of Commerce is which this person will learn and ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- College degree or equivalent in business administration or other business-related field.
- Chamber of Commerce or Association experience preferred.
- Organizational and communication skills, ability to manage time and volunteers, ability to work with members, committees and staff, computer skills and administrative experience.
- This is an exempt, full-time position. It does require time outside of an 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday schedule.
- Requires some travel locally.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment and standard business software.
- Requires sufficient physical capacity to serve indoor and outdoor event activities including ability to lift 35 pounds.