St Croix Therapy, an innovative, non-profit, out-patient clinic, is seeking an occupational therapist to treat the pediatric population, and occasionally developmentally disabled adults.
This is a part-time position, starting September 2022, offering 10-20 hours per week. The hours will include, at most, 4 evenings per week (Monday-Thursday) until 7:00pm. There is the potential opportunity for this position to expand into the early afternoon or late morning hours. Also, the position offers the opportunity to pick up additional hours on an on-call basis and at an on-call pay rate.
- Performs all duties in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Performs in depth clinical assessments; identifying client needs and appropriateness of care for children who demonstrate self-regulation, social-emotional, motor, and executive function difficulties.
- Document, prepare/revise, and complete daily notes, Plan of Care, progress notes, and other clinical records in a timely manner.
- Identifies other client needs and makes appropriate referrals.
- Assures continuance of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing a home care program.
- Communicates with others to facilitate coordination of client care.
- Supervise and collaborate with Occupational Therapy Assistants to accomplish treatment plans and goals.
- Mentors therapy assistants and new graduates in training program.
- Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy program.
- Current Wisconsin state licensure and NBCOT certification required.
- Experience working with children with developmental disabilities and neurological conditions is preferred.
- Ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks as appropriate.
- Effective communication adhering to all HIPAA laws.
- Must be willing to treat children using sensory- and play-based techniques to enhance developmentally appropriate skills and utilize techniques in a therapeutic pool.
- Ability to work independently as well as ability to work alongside Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physical, and Speech Therapists in a collaborative environment.
If interested, please e-mail resume to, Jessica Buck, Human Resource Manager at email@example.com.
ABOUT ST CROIX THERAPY
St Croix Therapy, a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization, is committed to impacting the lives of individuals and families. St Croix Therapy serves primarily children with disabilities, and some adults with disabilities and chronic pain, as well.