Operation HELP Mission: To provide residents of St. Croix County with financial assistance, a place for support, and connections to resources to alleviate short-term economic crises.
Operation HELP (OH) began in 2002 as a nonprofit organization serving St. Croix County, Wisconsin residents with basic needs, and we are seeking volunteers. You will be an active and engaged advocate for OH, serving clients through challenging times in their lives.
● Provide a warm welcome to clients and other constituents visiting OH.
● Retrieve phone and/or computer messages and respond the same day.
● Respond to clients based on their needs, determining eligibility to apply for financial assistance (rent, utilities, car repair), receive vouchers (gas, laundry, Farmer’s Market, Food Harvest, clothing) or other amenities in the office, i.e., toiletries, undergarments, diapers, emergency food, homeless bags, pet food, etc. while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
● Willingness to learn computerized data entry on Salesforce for processing client information, copying, and other office procedures.
● Learn and provide information about Resources to clients for other services in St. Croix County.
● Document and notify appropriate OH persons of donations as needed.
● Willingness to maintain and organize the office setting.
● Ability to feel comfortable interacting, in person and on the phone, with clients of a diverse race, culture, age, sexual orientation, or economic status in a compassionate, non-judgmental manner.
● Ability to multitask in a busy office setting.
● Ability to interact and work cohesively with a variety of volunteers of different skills, abilities, and life experiences.
● Maintain confidentiality of client information and sign an agreement to such.
● Actively participate in training sessions by shadowing an experienced volunteer for at least two, 3-hour working days as part of the orientation.
● Volunteer a minimum of two, 3-hour shifts per month (M-F, 10 a.m. -1 p.m. & Thur., 4-6 p.m.).
● Opportunity to help individuals and families going through difficult times.
● Opportunity to be more engaged/involved by serving on committees and/or the Board of OH.
● Great way to get acquainted with other volunteers and programs in the community.
● Opportunity to get involved in other OH community-wide events, i.e., Christmas Program.