Operations Supervisor - Day Shift- Cardinal Health
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendor
Accountabilities in this role
•Direct and manage warehouse associates to achieve timely distribution and receipt of product and motivate employees to ensure that predetermined productivity and quality standards are achieved
•Monitor productivity, adhere to budgetary guidelines, and work to meet Distribution Center objectives and operational goals while maintaining standards pertaining to quality
•Responsible for the daily scheduling of the work force to ensure proper staffing to select, replenish, restock, locate and ship merchandise in a productive and cost-efficient manner
•Hold staff accountable for conducting work in a safe manner, ensure that warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment to perform distribution functions and provide support for a culture that strives toward continuous improvement in Environmental, Health and Safety
•Recommend and implement lean initiatives, policies, and strategies to increase production, eliminate waste and create efficient space utilization
•Ensure quality service is provided to the customers and ensures prompt follow-through on customer correspondence, complaints, and inquiries related to shipment of merchandise and stock-on-hand
Develops and implements modifications and innovations to improve the quality of service to our customers
•Adhere to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and division goals.
•Responsible for employee development to include one on one meetings regarding training, coaching, counseling, and performance appraisals
•Maintains general responsibility for disciplinary process in counseling, oral, and written warnings to ensure a productive work climate in the warehouse operation
•Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless transactions and services; manage monetary assets and other resources to optimize cost effectiveness.
•Prepares ad hoc reports as necessary
•Ensures that accurate attendance/PTO records and scheduling are maintained.
•Responsible for Cardinal Health compliance and regulations concerning OSHA, DEA, FDA, State and local authorities
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 2-4 years related experience
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Leadership skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
What is expected of you and others at this level
• Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations and business support staff
• Administers and executes policies and procedures
• Ensures employees operate within guidelines
• Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
• Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers, and peer groups at various management levels
• Strong Organization Skills
• Must be able to establish clear objectives and priorities and be able to focus on those things required to accomplish objectives and goals.
• Effective and efficient use of time is paramount; able to attend to a broad range of activities.
• Strong Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. is required, knowledge/experience with Microsoft Access is preferred.
• Utilize Lean Six Sigma principals to continuously improve processes, people, and culture through identifying, leading, and participating in projects
• Ability to develop metrics and deliver executable results.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply at CardinalHealth.com Job # 20103306