Yellowstone Trail Heritage Days 2021
Yellowstone Trail Heritage Day in Hudson - July 30th & 31st!
Celebrating the rich history and heritage of Hudson, WI, located along the historic national Yellowstone Trail, this was the first trans-continental road across the states.
Visit this event to learn more about Hudson's history, the history of the Yellowstone Trail and also enjoy a Vintage Vehicle Display, Historical Geocaching, Museum Tours, Games, and more. Download the event flyer now.
Help Hudson “Re-blaze the trail” and explore the region’s rich historical heritage and join us for these great activities:
Friday, July 30th
- Octagon House Museum Tours, 11 am-4pm, 1004 3rd Street, Hudson Open for tours. Reservations recommended. Self-guided walking tours brochures available for Third Street, Blrkmose Park & Downtown Hudson.
- Military Vehicle Preservation Association Salute to Veterans Parade, 5 pm• Downtown Hudson (Vine Street to 1st Street and up Coulee Road)• The MVPA Conwy of historic military vehlcles will parade through Hudson In honor of local veterans .• FREE
- Sea Bee's Pig Roast & Silent Auction, 6 pm, Hudson House Grand Hotel, 1616 Crestvlew Drive, Hudson. Pig Roast meal sponsored by Sea Bee Veterans of America
- Military Vehicle Preservation Association Convoy Leaves Hudson, 7 am The MVPA Convoy leaves town traveling east through St Croix County on the Yellowstone Trail from Hudson to Knapp and beyond .• FREE
- Pancake Breakfast at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 7-10:30 am- l5OO Vine Street, Hudson Pancake breakfast Includes pancakes, sausage, fruit, rolls & beverages. Free will offering.
- Geocaching the Yellowstone Trail, 9 am, 111 Walnut Street, Hudson. FREE Meet & Greet at Dick's Bar and Grlll (breakfast option available) followed by CITO (Cache In - Trash Out) In the Hudson park. Find caches In trail-side communities at www.geocaching.com
- Yellowstone Trail Poker Run & Sociability Drive, 9 am -4 pm. On the Yellowstone Trail from Hudson to Baldwin
- Hammond Community Library History Display & Poker Run Stop, 9 am -1 pm. 8S0 Davis Street, Hammond View a display on Hammond history. FREE
- Vintage & Classic Car Show, 10 am -1 pm, Lakefront Park, Hudson. FREE Join us for an up-close look at the vintage vehicles and classic cars on display.
- Model A Ford Car Show,10 am -1 pm. Lakefront Park, Hudson. FREE New this year-the Twin Cities Model A Ford Club wlll be joining the event with restored vehicles of the Yellowstone Trail era.
- Britfest Car Show,10 am -1 pm, 111 Walnut Street, Hudson. FREE It's a British Invasion with the Brltfest Car Show. Walk Walnut Street and take In the showcase of automotive excellence!
- EV Experience! 10 am -4 pm. St Croix Electric Cooperative, 1925 Ridgeway Street, Hammond Drive and learn about electric vehicles and other smart electric choices .• FREE
- Hudson Hospitality Center, 10 am -4 pm, Living Vine Church, 309 Vine Street, Hudson. Historic Jardine organ mini concerts, Yellowstone Trail video viewing, tours of historic church, live music on the lawn, kid's activities, food for sale. Public restrooms. FREE
- Baldwin Hospitality Center & Poker Run Stop, l0 am -4 pm. Twenty-Two farms Animal Sanctuary, 2022 US Hwy 12, Baldwln • FREE A Poker Run Stop where you can see the many sanctuary animals and enjoy some Yellowstone Trail family fun activities. Public restrooms.
- Hazel Mackin Community Library History Display & Poker Run Stop,10:30 am -12:30 pm, 311 Warren Street, Roberts. Roberts/Warren history display. FREE
- Octagon House Museum Tours & Ice Cream Social, 11 am -4 pm, 1004 3rd Street, Hudson. Open for mini-tours (last tour starts at J pm) Reservations recommended. Bake sale and Ice cream social. free will donations. Complimentary rides In specialty vehicles.
- Hudson History Speaker, Starting at 11 am & 12 pm, Lakefront Park, Hudson. Learn about the Yellowstone Trail and local history. FREE
- Poker Run Prize Party & Poker Run Stop Check In begins at 4 pm. Sidetrack Saloon & Grill, 112 W Main Street, Roberts
Wednesday, August 4
- Yellowstone Trail Canvas Party, 6-9 pm, Living Vine Church, 309 Vine Street, Hudson. Audrey Martin will lead a painting class of"The Light at 3rd & Vine. $45 per person, Must preregister at audreyscanvasparties.com
COVID safety precautions will be observed.